Yet Another Graffiti Wallpaper

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sat Jul 29 02:38:23 UTC 2006

David Nielsen wrote:
> With all possible respect, I still hate this hip-hop thing, I hope the
> idea isn't to make this default in FC in anyways - in which case I'd
> propose seeking an endorsement from Snoop Dogg.

What does graffiti have to do with hip hop?

I've seen plenty of Metallica, Joe <3's Sue, and even satanist
graffiti.... Graffiti is a style of art that is separate from hip-hop or
rap music, as far as I know and have observed.

I saw a lot of awesome graffiti when I visited Barcelona recently for
GUADEC 2006. For example, check this one out:
http://flickr.com/photos/mairin/176274133/ It's a very powerful
political statement that doesn't have a whole lot to do with hip-hop.
And this one: http://flickr.com/photos/mairin/199600314/ Ninjas and dragons.