Yet Another Graffiti Wallpaper

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Sat Jul 29 12:28:18 UTC 2006

Le samedi 29 juillet 2006 à 01:28 -0500, Patrick W. Barnes a écrit :
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 00:53, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
> >
> > Another thing is that people definitely do not respond well to their
> > wallpaper basically being advertisement for the distro they run. If you
> > want to appeal to the community many going back to our roots would be a
> > nice gesture. Penguins and the likes, every other distro abandoned that
> > years ago and I think some people might miss that fun aspect of Linux.
> >

> Everyone loves penguins.  ;-)

I think having pinguins on a wallpaper in a linux distro is one of the
easiest way not to impress people. Pinguins are a common theme. Too
common maybe.

Moreover, having pinguins does not make a wallpaper beautiful all the
time : http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/642_or/33.png

However, the artworks of Mairin and Diana dare doing something that has
not been seen before.

Fedora is a bleeding edge distro, just make the artwork bleeding edge as
well and dare doing it.

--
Thomas Canniot
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasCanniot