The Icon Question

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 17:57:48 UTC 2006

After Máirín sent out the email pertaining to "The Icon Question" a few
weeks ago...I braced myself for responses...for or against it.  To my
surprise, however, there was not much response either
way...which..._could_ be a good thing.  I therefore, feel like I might
be poking at the hornet's nest a bit as I write this email to point to
the recent additions I've made to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveAndBeyond and to inquire
how you all feel about it.

I've also noticed a lot of feedback to the puplet icons Máirín created
recently and see two strands of issues being discussed.  One being that
the puplet icons do not match the current bluecurve icons (this
conversation is being addressed should remain in that thread) and the
other being concerns about the new icon look in general (which is what
I'm interested in and think should be looked into).

Let's discuss. =)  Mockups and sketches are welcome and most helpful.
Subjective "I hate the whole theme" comments are less so.  Try to be a
bit specific...I'm not saying, pixel for pixel, but...why? is it the
colours, the perspective, or you just think that bluecurve is the best
and should not be changed.

Thanks
Diana