The Icon Question

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 14:52:11 UTC 2006

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Anyway, regardin
g icons on the Linux desktop in general, we´re all in
> interface hell. Bluecurve tried to fix this problem [1], but was
> unsuccessfull (because noone ever released any sources I´ve been told)

This isn't actually true. Garrett had the source Illustrator *.ai files
available on his Red Hat people page for a long time, and Red Hat actually
maintained that for a long while after he'd left Red Hat. It just wasn't
publicized so well.

> and now the Tango project is giving the idea another try.
> Perhaps it would be nice to discuss this during GUADEC.
> 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluecurve

I'll be there :)