Fedora logo modification license?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri May 5 12:35:13 UTC 2006

Hi Richard,

Richard Körber wrote:
> I have contacted the logo at fedoraproject mail address about a week ago,
> but there was no response yet, so I wondered if this mail address was
> only responsible for using unmodified Fedora logos on marketing products.

This list is about creating icons, desktop backgrounds, and themes *for Fedora.*
That may involve use of the Fedora logo, but we don't modify the Fedora logo. In
general, modifying logos and repurposing them for other brands is frowned upon
as it weakens the original brand of the logo.

IANAL, etc., etc.