Cataloguing & Converting Bluecurve Icons

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed May 24 05:52:48 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I can start converting them to SVG. The reason I haven't thus far - if
> you convert a whole ai sheet to SVG, it croaks when you try to open it
> in Inkscape - I don't think through any fault of Inkscape, I think just
> because Illustrator isn't real swift at exporting SVG. Sigh. I'm
> probably going to have to break the sheets into chunks to get this to
> work - If anybody else has Illustrator and is willing to help let me
> know and we can divy them up.

A possible solution learned from an Illustrator user on Open Clip Art
Library: at export turn off "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilites"

My manual solution: open the SVG file in a text editor and delete
everything encompassed by <i:pgf id="adobe_illustrator_pgf"> and
</i:pgf> - make a script to automate it if needed.

Those will greatly reduce the size of the SVG files, hope Inkscape will
be able to open them after the file size reduction.

--
nicu