Cataloguing & Converting Bluecurve Icons

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed May 24 06:53:11 UTC 2006

Andy Fitzsimon wrote:
> Hey guys ,  just some quick heads up before attempting this..
>
> the xml produced by illustrator is flaky ( we all know this )
> But.  the big things to watch out for with blurcurve in particular is
> the overuse of clippaths where it would otherwise be sane to use
> normal shapes,  another would be extraneous gradient definitions where
> the one stop-descriptive gradient is presented many many times in the
> xml.
>
> Separation of all these assets into self-contained files is a few
> hours someone else is doing to have to spend. Once that's complete:
> Cleaning the XML and reproduction are services i'd certainly like to
> offer ( so long as I can be assured those changes get comitted ).  It
> looks like i'll be using these assets more often.
>
> Also,  can someone confirm the license for the bluecurve palette ?
> LGPL or PublicDomain or both acceptable for us to move bluecurve into
> CREATE / Inkscape by default.

I don't think someone can copyright a collection of hex values, a
palette is nothing more than that.
I assembled a palette file, use it under any license you need:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveIconGuidelines?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=bluecurve.gpl

I had not submitted it myself to Inkscape as i was not thinking is
interesting enough for the project and not realized Create is another
place where it can be useful - i guess i am a bad Create member :D

--
nicu