Cataloguing & Converting Bluecurve Icons

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu May 25 05:36:16 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 13:55 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> David Zeuthen wrote:
>>> Do you think it make sense to support more than one icon set in the
>>> Fedora Core distribution?
>> Has anybody proposed that? (I haven't. And I don't see anybody else doing so.)
>>
>> So, I'm confused...?
>
> If we are going to switch to another icon set by default, it isnt quite
> efficient to put in too much effort into documenting and updating
> BlueCurve. So which icon set are we going to provide by default in
> Fedora should be answered before we put too much effort into reviving
> BlueCurve. Thats the point.

 From what i see, Bluecurve is not completely dead (but neither is in
good shape), it is still the default theme in Fedora Core 5. But as it
is not in good shape, it should be either improved or dropped, the
status quo is not good enough.

As for what is the default, me, an external potential contributor, ask
this: who and when will make this decision? Preferably early enough in
the development cycle...

My personal bias is this: i do not like Tango and i do not like the
current Bluecurve either (but i used to like Bluecurve when it was new)

--
nicu