[FC7 theme proposal] Fedora Borealis Round 1

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 05:29:00 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> I am neutral-to positive about the wallpaper, I am all for simplicity.
> And the concept can shine with some polish.

Cool. Yeh these initials proposals for Dec 4 are all about the concept.
We'll worry about rendering/polish later.

> For the bootsplash I am not that sure, it is dark and the wallpaper is
> light, I would prefer both to be the same, either dark or light. Can we
> have the text on boot on a non-black background?

So I mocked up another one with less black -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc7themeproposal-fedoraborealis-bootsplash-mock2.png

(the last image on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis)

Now that I look at it my gradient is slightly crooked! Heh. But you get
the idea. What do you think?

> Where I have a strong opinion is the Metacity theme. I hate when the
> window control buttons (minimize, maximize, close) look all the same and
> you have to stay and think what is the function of a button based only
> on its position. With icons on those buttons it would be OK.

Yeh after actually trying to use that theme for a week - it really
started driving me nuts. I haven't had time to look around for an
alternative yet.