[FC7 theme proposal] Fedora Borealis Round 1

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Nov 9 06:35:42 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Ahhh!! Very good point. I did another iteration with the Fedora floating
> as well...
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc7themeproposal-fedoraborealis-mock2.png
>
> (Try 2 on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis)
>
> It's definitely changed the look a bit - I added drop shadows. I'm not
> sure why. This still needs to be played with this more, it was just a
> quick modification.

I think I know why you added shadows: they increase the 3D look and ease
the transition from the current full 3D theme to a flatten one.
And I also know what is wrong with the shadows: light is coming from
top, objects have a vertical shape and the shadow is projected in a
horizontal plane. But I got the idea and like it.

> Another idea - maybe take the Fedora logo out entirely and go much
> simpler than the original proposal. Or just keep the logo flat, and make
> it much smaller, and tuck in the lower right corner or some such.

Yup, the Fedora logo can go, we have enough symbols: f, infinity and bubble.

> Great points. Makes me look at it now, and think, "Hi, my name is
> Fedora. Is anybody out there? out there there there there. Oh an echo!
> I'm all aloooonnnneee!" ;)

Now if you said the word "echo" in this context... we will introduce the
Echo theme for icons, I wonder about having and the wallpaper also about
an echo but I don't know yet how. Maybe with a single graphic element
and a lot of reflexions?

--
nicu