New Fedora GTK Theme

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 18:26:46 UTC 2006

Cimi,

On Sat, 11/11/06, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Hi Andrea, you've posted on the right list, but most themers seem to
> insist on using fedora-art-list instead, so I'm pushing it there
>
> Le samedi 11 novembre 2006 à 17:17 +0100, Andrea Cimitan a écrit :
>> Hi community,
>> 	I'm Andrea Cimitan (aka Cimi), a gnome themer from Italy. :)
>> Probably you had known my name in gnomelook.org, there I'm Cimi86, and
>> I've created a lot of themes like Murrine GTK2 Cairo Engine
>> (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=42755,
>> http://cimi.netsons.org/pages/murrine.php) and Candido Themes.
>>
>> I was thinking about a new proposal for Fedora Core GTK look.
>> Do you know that Ubuntu has "Ubuntulooks" as default theme engine, so I
>> thought "Why Fedora couldn't have Murrine?".
>> Feedbacks on gnomelook.org and polls on Ubuntu Forums hilight that
>> Murrine is the favourite Engine of Linux Desktop users.
>> That's why I'm proposing to you.
>>
>> Murrine is a new-conception GTK2 Cairo engine, it was a fork of
>> Clearlooks code with a lot of improvements and bugfixes: its best
>> feature is surely the "options" through which the users can easily
>> change the look of all the themes (There's a GUI here:
>> http://cimi.netsons.org/pages/murrine/configurator.php).
>> The engine is completely without bugs (it features support from gnome
>> devs like benzea that helped me in the bugfix process) and it is is
>> incredibly fast, nearly 50% faster than Clearlooks-Cairo and more
>> if you compare it to Ubuntulooks.
>>
>> I think fedora could _at least_ add murrine to a repository, and then I
>> can provide a fantastic color scheme for the fedora desktop.
>>
>> This is my proposale, I'm absolutely available to support you and to
>> start a good discussion on it.
>> I'm sure you will take care of these ideas so we can start a
>> constructive thread to support or against it.
>>
>> See you!!
>>
>> Cimi - Andrea Cimitan
>>

> --
> Nicolas Mailhot

I have actually suggested to use Murrine Engine¹ quite a while
ago. However seems some people are confused with engine and theme. And
to be honest I haven't find a good document to clear this confusion.

With your support, I think Murrine Engine will be an excellent
substitute for the clearlooks engine. I'm all for this change.

But if FC7 is to use Murrine Engine, the package has to be in Core.
I hope the art team make a decision asap.

BTW,

here is the .spec file