New Fedora GTK Theme

Andrea Cimitan cimi86 at alice.it
Sun Nov 12 01:15:49 UTC 2006

Il giorno Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:09:53 -0500
Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> ha scritto:

> Leo wrote:
> > The engine will make sure themes based on it will render well. Try
> > searching 'murrin' in gnome-look you will get tons of them.
>
> I realize that. My point is that most theme engines include an actual
> theme with them. Murrine at least is the first I have encountered
> that does not. It makes installing it and trying to use it pretty
> confusing.
>
> ~m

There are 2 problems:
1) I don't want/no ideas for a default murrine look.
2) The biggest feature of murrine is the "configurator", with it you
can easily customize your themes, add roundness, select styles etc
etc... With "local" themes (under ~/.themes) no root permissions are
required, but if I install themes under /usr/share/themes than the
configurator needs "root permissions" to run and this will cause
problems for the user (and it will cause two entry in the gnome menu
which is bad)

Bye

Cimi - Andrea Cimitan