[Fwd: Tweaking the design of the wiki]

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 04:15:19 UTC 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Tweaking the design of the wiki
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:45:57 +0000
From: Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>
To: fedora-websites-list at redhat.com
CC: Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including icons,
  themes, and wallpapers. <fedora-art-list at redhat.com>

(CCing art-list)

Hi all.

I've made some CSS/foo for the wiki. Here are some screenshots:

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DimitrisGlezos/WikiDesignTuning

There have been some comments for improving the design of the wiki in
the past
[1] but unfortunately they went uncommitted. It is sad to see
contributions and
ideas not receiving the attention they require.

The design of the wiki is a *major* marketing issue and the artwork team
should
have the opportunity to tune and increase the wiki's usability. It would be
great if *tomorrow* we could make the website more usable and accessible,
wouldn't it? :)

It is a good idea (tm) to always document somewhere the names of the
people in
charge of stuff; it seems many pieces of the websites items don't have real
maintainers but just good hackers that just don't have enough time to do
everything. On the other hand, if no-one is in charge, we should put
*Maintainer/moderator needed* at the place where the name should appear,
so that
someone steps up, who could be just the person in charge of poking in
turn the
right people. So, it would be a great idea IMO to have a `Websites/Contact
points` wiki page.

Awaiting comments. I'll try to produce a reasonable `diff` soon.

-d

[1]:http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-June/thread.html#00051

--
Dimitris Glezos