Tweaking the design of the wiki

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 14:36:10 UTC 2006

Hi Dimitris,

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Thomas Chung έγραψε:
>> On 11/19/06, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
>>> I've made some CSS/foo for the wiki. Here are some screenshots:
>>>
>>>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DimitrisGlezos/WikiDesignTuning
>> I like the new design. You have my vote.
>
> Thanks Thomas.
>
> Since no-one had any objections, maybe we should go forward with this.

For what it's worth, I think these proposed modifications look fabulous!
It's very clean and makes the level of hierarchy each piece of
information is in on the page much more clearer.

One additional thing I would suggest - if you can do it and think it is
a good idea - is to add a spot in the right nav on the wiki for little
banners to advertise Fedora subprojects and events, etc. This is
something we had talked about on the marketing list I think a long time
ago - http://people.redhat.com/duffy/misc/fedoramentor-banner.png
(although might be better on the top).

> Here is an action plan:
>
>  1. Make some further improvements and upload an HTML version (22/11)
>
>  2. Get some test/feedback from `fedora-websites-list` members (24/11)

If you want to do a formal usability test let me know and I can help out
with that. I'll be on vacation these 22/11 - 26/11 so I'll have time! :)

Thanks for taking charge on this Dimitris! We've needed this for a long
time. :)