[FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 1

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:45:53 UTC 2006

Máirín & Diana,

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 12:00 -0500, fedora-art-list-request at redhat.com
wrote:
> Do we really want to be pushing something that's already been done?
>
> Fedora == innovation?
>
> I kind of thought that was more Nicolas' point.
>
> ~m

Don't really know how to respond to Nicolas' point. The "flying_pingu"
gnome wallpaper was not what I envisioned.

The Flying High with Fedora was just an idea which I thought could
represent the level of achievement Fedora has obtained. It is hard to
argue the hot air balloon theme may have been used before but I thought
it offered an opportunity try new new colors, new shapes. Maybe more 3d?

As to the pictures in flying high, they were saved from the web to
simply present the concept. My thought is original sketches would be
better candidates for the final.

I also agree Fedora should equal innovation and innovation is a great
concept for a theme but I am unsure how to present it.

Thanks for the feedback.

John