[FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 1

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 23 08:30:36 UTC 2006

Le Mer 22 novembre 2006 23:45, John Baer a écrit :
> Máirín & Diana,
>
> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 12:00 -0500, fedora-art-list-request at redhat.com
> wrote:
>> Do we really want to be pushing something that's already been done?
>>
>> Fedora == innovation?
>>
>> I kind of thought that was more Nicolas' point.

> Don't really know how to respond to Nicolas' point. The "flying_pingu"
> gnome wallpaper was not what I envisioned.

Since there seems to be some confusion: I really only posted the link to
give some perspective, I honestly think Fedora should do its own unique
theming, not copy blindly others. However to avoid the perception of
copying other you have to knwo what they did in the first place.

> As to the pictures in flying high, they were saved from the web to
> simply present the concept. My thought is original sketches would be
> better candidates for the final.

+1

> I also agree Fedora should equal innovation and innovation is a great
> concept for a theme but I am unsure how to present it.

I don't think it should be stressed too much. People already know this
part of Fedora.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot