Copyright notice on anaconda splash image

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 18:37:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 02:13 +0000, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> A Q that came in mind in the past and again with John's (really nice) theme
> proposals. Why do we have the Copyright text on the left side of the Anaconda
> splash image?

It's not a matter of credit, but rather long-standing copyright and
trademark usage standards, possibly US-specific but I've seen it done
similarly in the UK and Germany.  It's common practice to state
copyrights and trademark ownership in proximity to their initial usage
or presentation to a user.  For comparison, I find such notices stating
copyright and trademark ownership on the bottom of my IBM laptop, and a
Dell keyboard I just picked up off my desk.  We shouldn't remove this
notice, especially on the opening screen for the installer.  Good
question though!