planet propose for FC7

seawolf iamseawolf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:42:22 UTC 2006

On 30/11/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> That'd still be slapping the Fedora logo on an object, this time a
> rocket rather than a planet.
>
> I just don't understand the rationale. Fedora is a rocket ship flying
> through space?

Rocket > lift-off > speeding through barriers > final frontier >
bleeding edge of technology ?

On 30/11/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Fedora is a planet with rings spinning around it?

In conjunction with the rocket, I feel it would have a bit more
emphasis on the imagery that's not directly linked to the metaphor. If
the scenery is done well enough I think it is passable.

However, I don't think the planet idea was made with a metaphor in
mind but we might be wrong. Mola, was this the case?

./Ben

--
       ..// seawolf //..
          Ben  Arnold