GTK Theme for FC7 (was Re: Thinking ahead: some FC7 ideas)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 13:55:26 UTC 2006

Leo wrote:
> On Mon, 16/10/06 17:51 +0100, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Developing a theme is pretty difficult & time-consuming but if we can
>> get some good mockups early on then it'd be easier to hit FC7.
>>

> I'd suggest "Murrine GTK2 Cairo Engine"¹. I have been using
> MurrinaGilouche² which is based on this engine. Tweaking an existing
> theme is much less time consuming and is deliverable.

Hey, I really like Murrine! What does everybody else think?:

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=42755
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=44510

> It's odd to see the discussion of metacity and gtk2 themes off the
> table for FC6.

Is it really that odd when the final release date is in two days (19 Oct) ?

> And I think they are the most important elements
> because for one thing they are what users see 99% of their time using
> computer. As hibernation/suspension works quite well now, most of the
> people may see their login screen once a month and grub splash screen
> once half a year.

Gentle GNOME was brought up for discussion [1, 2] back in July but was
met with mixed reviews so we didn't go for it. If anybody else had
proposed something back then, we could have been considered it. So it's
not that it was never on the table, it's that nobody spoke up with a
strong preference. So speak up, everybody! :)