Thinking ahead: some FC7 ideas

Steve Barnhart stb52988 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:30:14 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Steve Barnhart wrote:
> > On 10/17/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> Please don't let technical limitations or
> >> implementation complexity discourage you from mocking up something cool
> >> - because there's always a way to actually build something given the
> >> design we're building towards is truly kick-ass.
> >

> > http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31128 DO IT! lol I
> > would love to see GNOME go in this direction.
>
> :-/ I like it too, but this was brought up before and folks didn't seem
> too in favor of it:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2006-July/msg00020.html

Hmm idk if it looks different or not. I guess the Clearlooks-blackmod
is the closest and I like it, but idk. I REALLY believe Desktop themes
need to move away from grey. I feel like I'm still in Windows 9X days.
Notice Windows XP..no grey anymore. Everything (dialog boxes etc.) are
not grey and the buttons are not plain and grey either. Now clearlooks
gets rid of the grey which I like but is also pretty "plain". No
animation and the buttons are just a 'blob' so to speak. I would like
to see Fedora's themeing move away from grey and incorporate some
better technologies. Ahh if only someone could produce a perfect Aqua
clone, but someone always messes up at some point.

With regards to a KDE theme or theming in general, I do like the
Polyester theme[1], if only they got rid of the grey. If someone could
change the grey and such to something better I see no reason this
can't be made the default theme for FC7 KDE.

[1]http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=27968

--
Steve