Thinking ahead: some FC7 ideas - Initial concept

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Thu Oct 19 17:39:53 UTC 2006

> Some feedback :

> 1. the blue used is much too agressive, while I agree we should move away
> from gray-only the UI should stay unobstrusive, quiet and out-of-the-way.

I agree, I was just extract most of idas I got.

> 2. the proposed title/menu bars are much too wasteful of space. It may
> work for a simple app like nautilus but won't for dense ones like OO.o and
> the Gimp. The design must accomodate the text the app displays at the size
> the user chose, and not the reverse.

It might be true for the Gimp but work fine with OO.oBe in mind the
draft is just a study to see what is possible or not.

> I'm sorry if I may sound harsh, but your proposal seems typical of the
> screenshot-oriented design approch which fares so bad in real life.  For
> this kind of endeavour usability concerns should be the priority and art
> take the back seat. Please do work through the usability SIG. A dull
> concept won't kill us. A hard-to-use one certainly will.

Nah, you not harsh. Getting this kind of critcs motivates determinated
people. the concept is not great and I aimed to active contributor to
brainstorm thier ideas while it's fresh.

Luya Tshimbalanga
--
Fedora Project Contributor
http://www.fedoranews.org