[FC7 theme proposal] Fedora Borealis Round 1

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 05:42:08 UTC 2006

Here's a theme idea I came up with:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis

Here's the concept behind it:

I started thinking about how Fedora is a pure operating system - one of
the core values of Fedora is only including free and open source
software, without including non-free software, codecs, drivers, patents,
etc. We try to be a *pure* operating system. So the main word I'd use to
describe this theme is pure. Soft, clean glows. Pure, clean reflections.

I liked Milk Flat Blue [1] as an accompanying metacity theme. Not so
happy with Clearlooks LightBlues [2] as a GTK+ theme - I like the blue
highlights but its kinda overwhelmingly bright in other spots. There is
probably something better out there.

~m

[1] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=19390
[2] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31788