[FC7 theme proposal] Fedora Borealis Round 1

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Oct 31 08:46:42 UTC 2006

Nicola Losito wrote:

> Il giorno 31/ott/06, alle ore 06:42, Máirín Duffy ha scritto:
>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis
>>

> i do like the bootsplash concept, less the wallpaper mockup :-)

I think we were asked for constructive feedback:

<quote>Be very specific with your feedback. "I like it" is not
acceptable. "I really like how it makes the use of the Fedora blue
color, it's bright and conveys a positive feeling" is much better.</quote>

I am neutral-to positive about the wallpaper, I am all for simplicity.
And the concept can shine with some polish.

For the bootsplash I am not that sure, it is dark and the wallpaper is
light, I would prefer both to be the same, either dark or light. Can we
have the text on boot on a non-black background?

Where I have a strong opinion is the Metacity theme. I hate when the
window control buttons (minimize, maximize, close) look all the same and
you have to stay and think what is the function of a button based only
on its position. With icons on those buttons it would be OK.

--
nicu