More on GRUB Image

Jiri Jakub Masek jjmasek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 17:26:32 UTC 2006

Hi, thanks, I tried to do a GRUB background image as I wrote before,  I'm
satisfied  with it installed on my computer,  but it's  only quick work to
test it. It looks like a possible way to design it.

I posted it to my website  http://juiceoff.8m.com to give you chance to test
it too.

JJM

2006/9/2, John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com>:

> Jiri,
>
> All of the comments on the GRUB image quality are correct and every
> distro is challenged by this. If you wanted to see how things would look
> without the GRUB image, edit your menu.lst file and comment the splash
> image line.
>
> Mini HowTo:
>

> su <return>
> gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst <return>
>
> change "splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz"
> to     "## splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz"
>
> <save>, reboot
>

> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:49 -0400, fedora-art-list-request at redhat.com
> wrote:
> > Hi people, this is what I want to be discussed (and may be that it
> > isn't
> > important):
> >
> > The first what I see when I start my computer is GRUB screen. It looks
> > choppy and the reason isn't artistic but the image which size is
> > 640x480pix
> > resized to my monitor current resolution (1280x1024pix). I don't
> > understand
> > all the settings of Fedora Linux, so, I don't know if it could be set.
> > think that more and more people are only users like me now.
> >
> > So, I'm going to ask: is possibly to change the starting process to
> > put
> > noresized image in right bottom segment of screen as is? O.K., it'll
> > be
> > needed to change the specifications too, the background colors of
> > screen and
> > image to set to be the same.
> >
> > JJM

I'm still learning English...