GRUB - thinking about

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Sep 4 06:10:31 UTC 2006

Jiri Jakub Masek wrote:
> Hi Paul, thank you.
>
> So, if I understand it, there are two ways to make anything better. The
> first is no GRUB background image, the second is to design that image
> without gradients, with graphics objects with border lines in angles 0,
> 45, 90, 135 degrees for monitor with resolution ratio  4:3, universally
> only 0 and 90 degrees. It could be an appeal for graphics designers to
> try anything.

I think no background for GRUB is not a real option and gradients can be
used, only take great care in using dithering.
Personally, I am quite happy with the GRUB background I am using right
now on my 19" CRT, and it is made using 16 colors, in 256 would be much
better: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/temp/splash.xpm.gz

--
nicu