Help with FC6 Theme

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 5 14:41:05 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> I admit of being lazy and not testing myself (it would require a
>> reboot of my computer :p ), the theming overview page list 256 colors
>> for GRUB and cites a source
>> (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LG/current/jayanth.html) which source states
>> 14 colors.
>
> I changed it to 256 colors last week. It originally said 14 but Diana
> told me it was really 256.

I know you modified it by looking at the editing history so I assumed
you know more about the subject than me.
In the meantime I tried a 256 colors image and it was displayed using a
wrong color palette.

It would be useful to have 256 colors, as I can easily see the dithering
in this image and probably a 256 colors image will not have the problem:
http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6reGraphics/MolaBranch/final/fc6grub-splash.png

note: even with visible dithering, I think this is a very good GRUB splash.

--
nicu