GRUB Advice

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 15:23:22 UTC 2006

>    1. Re: GRUB - thinking about (Nicu Buculei)
>
> Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:10:31 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
> Subject: Re: GRUB - thinking about
> To: "Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including
>         icons,  themes, and wallpapers." <fedora-art-list at redhat.com>
>
> I think no background for GRUB is not a real option and gradients can be
> used, only take great care in using dithering.
> Personally, I am quite happy with the GRUB background I am using right
> now on my 19" CRT, and it is made using 16 colors, in 256 would be much
> better: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/temp/splash.xpm.gz

Nicu,

I've tested some GRUB images but the quality is not what I hoped for.  Would
it be possible for you to post a how-to for myself and others to follow?

I am using GIMP to build my image with a 16 color pallet but I am unsure
what dithering option to select and I am unsure if the choice of colors has
an impact on image quality.

Thanks,

John