Fedora 6 , Background

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Thu Sep 7 15:00:02 UTC 2006

Joachim Frieben wrote:

Due to several reports of it looking very dark on CRTs and the
like...I'm working on a "lighter" version.  Therefore most of the
graphics and background colors will be redone.  But I'll add these to my
list to double check against the final.
> And please also have a look at the "rhgb" logo whose background should fit
> the surrounding blue and not be (approximately) black.

rhgb logo? are you referring to the rhgb-closed graphics?  the
system-logo in that portion has a transparent background.

> The "grub" splashscreen definitely needs to be worked out for 14 colors
> unless one does not care about a huge difference between the "grub"
> background rendered on the screen and the "splash.xpm" displayed with "eog"
> and the like.

will look into it...
> The boot loader entries are now displayed on top of a completely black
>
> background and a pixelish part of a helix showing psychedelic colors.
The "Boot loader" you mention is referring to which screen? If it is
Screen1, syslinux-splash...then yes, I'm working on it =)  If it's
another screen let me know...so I can add to my fix list.

Thanks for the feedback.

Diana