Fedora 6 , Background

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 15:25:24 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Diana Fong wrote:
>>
>> And about the Boot loader (aka GRUB splash) mentioned in your
>> previous email.  Finally saw it...psychedelic colors indeed.  O_O
>> The 16 colors worked for the Syslinux-splash but not with
>> GRUB...looking into it...will post resolution after it's figured out.
>
> It may be because it need 14 colors instead of 16? (I had such
> psychedelic colors when tried 256 colors, converted to 14 and all went
> fine)

Yea...I'm not entirely sure either.  I saved it again via the Gimp and
manually set the black & white within the 16 color palette.  That seem
to have fixed the problem.

I intend to review all the specifications required for the theme change
before opening FC7 design to the community.  Hopefully by doing that we
can eliminate the technical confusion and focus on the artwork.

Thanks.
Diana