DNA theme for new FC6 browser splash page

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Sep 12 14:38:57 UTC 2006

Hi all.

The Docs project is developing a new splash (default home-) page for the FC6
browser, replacing the current one (basically, the release notes) with something
interesting and more useful.

The current mock-up is the following:

  http://dimitris.glezos.com/box/foss/fc6-browser-splash/index-v01.html

The wiki page with links to relevant content, and a zipped file of the above
mock-up, is:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/FirefoxDefaultSplash

It would be nice to have a DNA-ish theme on this page. Especially the header
could be replaced. If someone from the artwork team could draw something nice,
please send it over! :)

Some notes:

 * The page should be as simple as possible. It would be preferable to have
light graphics (as in weight and brightness) as possible.

 * The current mock-up uses the Echo icons. Since Echo will not make it into
FC6, we could use bluecurve ones for consistency. If someone can point me to the
right images in bluecurve, I'll be glad to change them.

 * The graphics should be able to be somewhat consistent in various monitor
resolutions.

 * Changing just the header of the mock-up will be great too.

Comments, ideas, rants welcomed. :)

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos