DNA theme for new FC6 browser splash page

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 13:42:15 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jiri Jakub Masek wrote:
>> Hi, .....and what about  to place  logo in a white filled polygon as a
>> graphics element? I named it a stamp, maybe a label. This could bring
>> to graphics designs more of variability and  the logo independent styles.
>
> Honestly, I don't like the the stamp idea, having a whole white
> rectangle would make the image unbalanced and distract attention to it,
> it may limit your creative freedom, sometimes you want a discrete logo.

So I'm not really sure how much leeway we have with the logo guidelines
at all. Since it's still intellectually the property of Red Hat and by
using it we are bound to the guidelines we agreed to when we received
the files, we really can't change the guidelines.

I know that the logo really has terrible contrast when against say a 50%
grey background, but I think all we can do is make the background
darker, try dark gradient effects, etc.

What I can do is try to find the correct person at Red Hat to whom we
can send a proposal explaining the weaknesses of the guidelines and how
we'd like to change the guidelines. What do you think about trying that?