DNA theme for new FC6 browser splash page

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 14:56:42 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Gah, I forgot to mention - you might want to cut the white outline
> that is around the Fedora logomark - it's not allowed for in the
> Fedora brand guidelines.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

Hi Dimitris,

I also found the initial proposal along with Nicu's suggestions to be
pretty good.  It was clean and simple.  I hesitate to theme the site
based on the release graphics because I wasn't sure if you would want to
change it with each release.  However, if it is not a problem then...I
prefer v3a and v3d (though in v3d, the logo should probably go on the
left and the rest of the helix image moved to the right as in your first
3 examples).

I don't have a problem with the white border around the fedora symbol
and can't find where it is mentioned as "not allowed for in the Fedora
brand guidelines."  Though, as Nicu pointed me to, the "Reverse Logotype
Color to White" section...but to me that just reads that the font should
be changed and the lack of contrast in the logomark was not addressed.
I believe that as long as the white border is within a certain aesthetic
size to help separate the logomark from the background and not
distract/detract from it, it should be acceptable.

My approach to the problem within the FC6 anaconda_header was to apply a
little black gradient (which also blended in with the blue back color)
behind the symbol are to give it a bit more contrast.  If you decide to
go with the FC6 header, perhaps you could try that.  Another suggestion
for your mockups with the logo is to put the "TM" towards the bottom of
the "a" rather than the top.  It will makes the logo seem less cluttered
in that corner...where the "a" and the symbol meet.

Diana