[Fwd: Re: icons of latest development openoffice]

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 06:44:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 08:53 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Something to consider.
>
> Using BlueCurve icons as default in OOo is (IMO) not a god idea because:
> development of Bluecurve practically ceased, the theme is in maintenance
> mode and the Bluecurve set for OOo is incomplete, with very large gaps
> (untouched from the OOo 1.1.x era).
>
> I think a better short-term solution for Fedora 7 is to make the default
>   icon set "Industrial" with large icons (this theme is included in the
> package).
>
> Caolan, I don't understand why you say redhat-artwork or gnome-themes
> could be tweaked to use the BlueCurve icons for OOo apps

I'm just talking about the icons in the *panel* at the top of the
screen, not OOo itself. The panel launcher icons, not the theme of the
app. 4 or 5 little panel icons are in question here.

I just want to use the current BlueCurve panel icons that are in our
gnome-themes/redhat-artwork pack as a stopgap until someone draws some
Mist panel icons.

C.