Keyboard icons

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Apr 4 13:51:55 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot napsal(a):
> Le Mer 4 avril 2007 10:09, Luya Tshimbalanga a écrit :
>> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>> Please do not use qwerty keys as base. All the world is not qwerty, you
>>> know. Take a key pattern from the middle of the keyboard, as this part
>>> tends to be shared by every latin layout at least.
>>>
>>> I'd have tried deeper keys, but maybe it reduces icon legibility
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> Using number on top and alphabet on bottom. Comment?
>
> you lose, number row is another part that varies a lot between layouts ;)
>
> TY
>
> or something in the same region should be fine

You lose too... there is a number of qwertz keyboard layout, default Czech and
Slovak included... There are so many layouts that it is impossible to have three
keys in most of the layouts on their positions... But if I could suggest... I
would use Dvorak layout [1], and in the middle of the home row... It could imply
effectiveness... ;-)

e.g.
U I