Echo emblems

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 16:37:44 UTC 2007

I thought I should point out some problem with the current Echo
emblems.

The echo package currently contains icons of size 48x48 in the
48x48/emblems directory, which makes them appear much too large
in nautilus. Nautilus expects icons that are suitable for use as
emblems on 48x48 icons in 48x48/emblems, unscaled. E.g. the
48x48/emblems in the gnome icon theme contains icons with sizes 32 (some
other sizes, too). Correct me if I am wrong here, Alex.

Another shortcoming with emblems is that there are no .icon files
in the echo-icon-theme package. These can be used to associate some
meta-data with icons, like attachment points, and, more importantly for
emblems, translated display names. Nautilus shows these names in the
emblems dialog. It might be a good idea to simply copy these from the
gnome-icon-theme.

Matthias