[Fwd: Re: icons of latest development openoffice]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Apr 25 05:53:36 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> Something to consider.

Using BlueCurve icons as default in OOo is (IMO) not a god idea because:
development of Bluecurve practically ceased, the theme is in maintenance
mode and the Bluecurve set for OOo is incomplete, with very large gaps
(untouched from the OOo 1.1.x era).

I think a better short-term solution for Fedora 7 is to make the default
  icon set "Industrial" with large icons (this theme is included in the
package).

Caolan, I don't understand why you say redhat-artwork or gnome-themes
could be tweaked to use the BlueCurve icons for OOo apps, OOo does not
use the Gnome theming for icons, it has its own settings, which are
controlled from the inside the application (or by the packager).
All the themes are in share/config as .zip files and the setting to
config the default in registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu