[Echo icons] Icons blurry in the gnome menus

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 10 19:23:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I noticed it a little while ago but with new batch of icons it became
more visible. The icons sizes on the gnome menus aren't obviously the
same we have in the Echo icon set, so the icons are resized and as a
result look a bit blurry. It's the same with Bluecurve, on the contrary
Mist provide right sizes for it. I can think of these possible solutions
to this problem:

1. patch gnome menus to use 24x24 sized icons
2. create new size set for echo icons (probably 22x22)
3. include svgs in the echo icon package
4. both 2. and 3.

There may be more. What do you think? Please note that it's mostly an
issue for icons which have 24x24 size variant. Those that are bigger are
usually resized better. I know we most likely won't fix this issue until
Fedora 8, but IMHO we ought to fix it.