Do we need another Echo?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri Aug 17 21:49:46 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada wrote:
> What's wrong with isometric icons? That's one of the things I really
> miss in tango. I think we should continue with the Echo effort, but it
> would be perhaps good to base them more on tango - i.e. use our styling
> and perspective, but mostly tango or gnome shapes. The echo icons are
> great so far, I even heard an opinion that they are better then oxygen
> icons, they have touch of Fedora and there would me many people
> disappointed if we stopped the effort.
Hi Martin!
Another possibility would be to do it the other way around, using Echo
shapes (isometric and stuff) and your own metaphors for save-as etc.,
but use the tango styling. That would give you the benefit of not having
to redo everything in every application on the desktop, as it would fit
in with what's already there, but still have control over your base set.
Just a idea. Keep up the good work!
- Andreas