About the mascot

Michael Beckwith tw2113 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:12:46 UTC 2007

I don't think that's a good idea at all, no offence, because Microsoft uses
a butterfly a lot, and that's not what we want to associate Fedora with. I'm
still torn on the need for a mascot or not, so I don't really have any
suggestions in replacement of this. However on the mascot wiki, I did kind
of like the humans towards the bottom.

On 8/21/07, Karel Boissinot <karel.boissinot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody thought of using a butterfly for the mascott?  I really suck at
> drawing things so I can't say I have made a sketch, but I got inspired
> looking at this picture:
>
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/images/3d_bubble_07.svg
>
> The reflected logo kinda makes it look like the bottom wings of a
> butterfly.
>
> Anyway, just food for thought
>
> Karel

~Michael