Round 3 Default Artwork Decision

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 19:49:25 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

So the original deadline for round 3 was August 20th. The freeze date
for F8 Test 2 was pushed back to the 28th. But I think we should make a
decision now seeing as we're past our original due date and are really
in a crunch right now with less than a week. We should be handing the
artwork off by the morning of Monday, the 27th, to give the developers
reasonable time to check it in before the freeze. If we don't have it
all done for this freeze, we'll need to get the rest in for Test 3.

So... which way are you folks all leaning for F8's default?

Ben, have you made any more progress on Abstract? I checked the wiki
page [1] but it looks like the latest artwork is from Aug 5th and
doesn't incorporate the modifications based on the feedback you got on
our blogs and on list?

This is where Infinity is at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/Infinity/Round3Final

It has:

- wallpaper for standard and widescreen ratios (still needs dualscreen)
- grub background
- anaconda splash
- anaconda banner.

It still needs:

- CD boot menu
- firstboot banner & splash (could reuse anaconda splash)
- Normal boot menu background (grub)
- RHGB theme
- GDM theme (we can do a graphical greeter if we provide the theme so i
can write it)
- if we need splashes for gnome and KDE, the anaconda splash design
should work well with minor modifications

~m

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8ThemeAbstract