animated backgrounds

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 23:22:21 UTC 2007

You want real desktop animation crack? Here is what I want. I want to
do a desktop version of the Museum of the North's "The Place Where You
Go to Listen"

http://www.uaf.edu/museum/exhibit/index.html
"The Place Where You Go to Listen is a unique sound and light
environment created by composer John Luther Adams. This ever-changing
musical ecosystem gives voice to the rhythms of daylight and darkness,
the phases of the moon, the seismic vibrations of the earth and the
dance of the aurora borealis, in real time."

All the data that art installation uses is available publicly through
the Geophysical Institute's real time monitering system via the web. I
want to see something similar for the desktop except do this without
sound... do it only with animated svg desktop elements!

-jef"I wonder if there is NSF funding for this. Abstract visualization
of scientific data into a artist forms as science education
outreach"spaleta