Gimp Gap

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 18:57:27 UTC 2007

Yeah, I tend to forget the devel and header stuff all the time. People
in the GIMP IRC rooms reminded me of that and through some more
tweaking, I managed to get a barebone version compiled and running. I
still have all the source stuff and will probably give some more goes at
it soon. I'd really like to get the Ogg stuff enabled, that way i could
play around with ogg video and whatnot.

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 01:43 -0600, Michael Beckwith wrote:
>
>> Does anyone by chance have an rpm for gimp-gap-2.2.2? I try to compile
>> it myself but get this error:
>>
>> checking for GIMP... configure: error: Package requirements (gimp-2.0 >=
>> 2.2.0 gimpui-2.0 >= 2.2.0 gimpthumb-2.0) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'gimp-2.0' found
>> No package 'gimpui-2.0' found
>> No package 'gimpthumb-2.0' found
>>
>> Do I need to do some more installing to get those packages and then try
>> again?
>>

> You just need the gimp-devel package installed.  However, I note that
> the functionality will probably be greatly increased if you do not have
> other packages installed that are forbidden in Fedora due to legal
> encumbrances.

~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)
http://michaelbox.net (eventually)