Ubuntu Hardy Heron's theme

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 13 07:35:52 UTC 2007

Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> I know this is way off topic, but I really wanna know, do you, opensource fans
> (not that I'm not), not use mp3? Is your music collection in ogg format? And

I know I should let this offtopic thread end, but is something I have to
point out: not everybody here is an Open Source fan, some are Free
Software fans - is important to note this, as you can have an Open
Source application which is not Free, the software patents conflicts
with GPL, not with OSI.

Personally, when I rip something I use ogg (my hard drive is not big
enough for flac) but when I get something from other source I leave it
as mp3.

> to make it completely off topic, any good converters? Hahaha, just kidding :D

You can't technically have a good converter, transcoding between lossy
formats will affect the quality.