[Fwd: Re: Banners]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Dec 14 08:36:11 UTC 2007

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> OK, I had a go (but it is a little plain I think, maybe this can be
> inspiration for somebody else!) and you can find it here:
>
> http://questionsplease.org/fedora/fedorawn.svg
>
> http://questionsplease.org/fedora/fedorawn.png

I think this isn't what you expected, but:
- I don't like the "Weekly News" font, it looks like you resized the height;
- I know this is a repeat of my design and choice when I made the 468x60
banners for the wiki, but maybe "fedora" should be replaced with the
wordmark with the correct typeface (I made the choice back then because
I wanted more text on the same font face and the official font is not free);
- maybe some play with colors on the text, a drop shadow and some
texture for background?
- this is my favorite style and may not be the best thing: I like when
parts of the subject (the newspaper here) get out of the image.