Link for official F9 theme proposal

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:27:37 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 3:44 AM, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
> I for one, really like what we have in Fedora 8 and I would like to suggest keeping and
> working on perfecting it instead of replacing the artwork every 6 months
> entirely.

Without making a judgment as to the quality or attractiveness of any
release's artwork....
I would say that making the default desktop image distinctly different
from at least the previous release helps immensely from a release
marketting perspective.  The default desktop image is the most
identifiable thing when skimming screenshots in something like a
review or across-the-room glances when using computers in public
spaces.  High quality isn't good enough to catch the eye from release
to release, releases need to be visually distinctive in order to imply
"new hotness"

-jef"i think the chain motif is too close in terms of dominant shapes
to the dna motif previously used"spaleta