GDM Idea

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 23:10:37 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 13:35 -0800, Mark wrote:
> > Something looking like one of their (SUSE's) mockups [1] or SLiM'
> > default theme [2] would be very nice :) .
> >
> > Say what you think. Bye.
>
> I like the idea of suse and fedora should have that.
> Also with the idea to change login manager.. i think that's very good
> to do.

There is a lot more to look at in a login manager including integration
and more importantly security.  GDM in trunk has been rewritten.  I'm
not sure if it will be released in-time for F9 but you should follow up
on with one of the desktop developers.  The new GDM from what I have
seen is Gtk+ themed with a background and translucent Gtk+ window face
browser.