Testing Firefox 3 Beta 2 with native icons

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 20 18:51:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 17:05 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Ok, but if I'll see any Echo icon hardcoded in app like Pup you'll have
> war...

Icons should NOT be hard-coded into applications, IMHO ;-) Always better
filling bugs about using system-wide accessible icons, rather than about
what icon theme should be used in certain application... I wonder, how
about emoticons... They are now part of icon theme, but still every app
has their own (pidgin, gajim, licq, amsn, kopete, ...). Terrible
duplication... It would be much better if there was an emoticons package
that would install all the basic icons to hicolor icon theme, so that
all apps could require it and thus would not break, if an icon theme
does not include emoticons...