Draft Schedule for F9

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 16:19:33 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have taken a shot at laying out the different tasks the Art Team
does... for starters I think it is clear you don't get enough credit for
all it takes to get a release out the door and looking nice.

draft gantt chart here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/wip/f9-art-team-2007-12-21.pdf
regular updates will be here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-9/

My hunch is there are other important tasks you all do that haven't been
reflected yet.  Keep sending them my way and I'll keep adding them in.

My hope is that we can look at this schedule not as some "bogus project
management hand waving", but instead as a tool to help us and others to
understand:
   o what tasks need to get done
   o how long it takes to do them
   o dependencies on other teams to finish on time

This could be useful for new volunteers looking for something to work on
or for the naysayer that says "that shouldn't take very long" :)
Another added bonus is that when it comes to planning F10 all we have to
do is tweak some of the start dates and schedule and task list creates
itself.

John