Draft Schedule for F9

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Dec 26 23:24:51 UTC 2007

Hi John,

Thanks for your work on the schedule! Here is all the feedback I can
think of:

- getting the CD/DVD label and box design artwork ready for the printer
took around 3 weeks this go around. Hopefully, since we will have the
same printer next time and because we were able to develop a color
profile with them for printing, that could probably be 2 weeks for F9.
(iow, actually coming up with the design and then preparing the design
for the printer are two kind of different tasks)

- there isn't too much room in the schedule for 'bugfixing'. For
example, in F8 we went back and added the hostname to the GDM theme
because it somehow had been omitted. Since we're pushing to get the
artwork into the  beta we might get a lot more feedback and "bugs" to
address. I guess I don't see too much room in the schedule for that though?

- banner creation for marketing having 2 weeks is probably a bit much, 1
week is prolly fine.

- As Nicu mentioned already, there are a lot of subtasks to the theming
process. Here are the subtasks that may be worth noting on the schedule:

-- Round 1:
   - theme proposal wiki page created
   - theme proposal announcement sent out
   - 3 conceptual sketches completed
-- Round 2:
   - theme wallpaper draft completed
   - vertically long supporting artwork completed
   - horizontally long supporting artwork completed
   - square supporting artwork completed
-- Round 3:
   - fullscreen splash for syslinux
   - square splash for anaconda and firstboot
   - anaconda horizontal header
   - firstboot vertical header
   - fullscreen grub splash
   - bootup/loading graphics (new rhgb coming for f9?)
   - fullscreen splash for gdm (new gdm, only wallpaper image needed)
   - kdm login screen theme
   - gnome splash screen
   - kde splash screen
   - gnome screensaver lock dialog