Unfavorable Distro-Watch Report

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Feb 5 19:10:51 UTC 2007

Hi Leo!

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 18:39 +0000, Leo wrote:
> How many feedbacks do you get from making Echo the default icon theme?

Uhm, so the bugzilla is public, why do you ask for things you can look
up yourself? (hint: not a lot of feedback, people normally don't file
lot of bugs for things like coverage / aesthetics.)

 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora+Core&version=devel&component=echo-icon-theme&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=

> I want to say this is quite stupid as the icon set is very incomplete
> and the first thing users probably would do is changing it to another
> set which leave us with no feedback.

How nice. It seems like you are contradicting yourself; how would there
be more feedback on Echo if Echo is not installed by default?

Keep in mind that Rawhide is specifically designed to be used for things
like this: putting in packages not 100% in order to get a feeling for
how to finish it.

     David